  • From: patrick houlahan <houlahangmail.com>
  • To: secondaryenglishmailinglist.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: [Secondary English] Re: RE: ww2 texts: a stroppy reader and writer responds....
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:09:46 +1200

yes, also in total agreement here.

PJ Houlahan
BA, MA hons, RSACTEFLA, DSO - bar, VC.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Lynne Gardiner <lgardinersacredheart.school.nz> wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more Tania... I found both the book and the film trite, contrived and predictable. My then 16 yr old daughter agreed. There are so many better books out there to study.
I have taught "Letters form the Coffin Trenches" to my Yr 11 CEN class..this year and it certainly sparked some thought about the 'glory" compared to the reality of war... and who the real enemy may have been.

I do love your contributions for their.. always slight irreverance... keep them coming.
LG
      SHC_Logo(Col).bmp

Lynne Gardiner, BA, Dip Ed, Dip Tching.

Director International Students